Special Education Paraprofessional – Tempe, AZ
Full-time | Small Group Instruction | Students on the Autism Spectrum
Education, Inc. is looking for two full time paraprofessionals to help our full time teaching staff within a behavioral health environment. Our Tempe, AZ location is a unique behavioral setting specifically for children with an autism diagnosis.
As the special education paraprofessional, you will be a crucial part in assisting our students stay on track and make progress within their curriculum. You will be working primarily with one special education teacher as they instruct 3 different groups of students throughout the day. There will be 5-6 students within each group, and the curriculum is centered around each student’s IEP.
- Assists teachers in the administration, delivery, and evaluation of the student instruction, aligning all assignments in accordance with a child’s IEP.
- Perform duties as determined by the team, which can include daily living skills, behavioral interventions, and schedule implementation.
- Interprets student needs and progress of students to the classroom teachers and the special education teacher.
- Provides collaborative support in the classroom assisting teachers with the needs of their students with IEPs.
- Assists teachers in the planning of academically appropriate assignments for individual students in a one-on-one or small group setting.
- Participates in professional development to effectively work perform duties which are necessary for students with more severe needs (i.e., daily living skills, behavioral interventions, etc).
- Assists teachers with preparation of instructional materials.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree
- Have a passion for working with students with special needs
- Excel in the areas of responsibility and independence
- This position is Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm.
- 10 month position, benefit eligible
- $12-15/hr based on experience
- 30 days of paid time off including federal holidays, paid school breaks, personal and sick time.
- Benefit package includes: medical, dental, vision, short term disability (including parental leave), cancer insurance, and accident insurance.
- New benefits we are rolling out in September 2017- tuition reimbursement and 401K!
Education Inc. is a rapidly growing company and there is always room for growth. Please reach out to us if you are interested in this exciting opportunity!