Summer Certified Teacher • Newark, DE
Summer Teaching Position | Newark, DE | Behavioral Health Setting
Education, Inc. is currently looking for our next creative and passionate teacher to join our team for the summer in Newark, DE!
Do you want to influence the lives of children without having to worry about grading or administration? In this position, you are part of a team and the main focus is your students. If you are looking for a position with a great work-life balance this is the position for you! In our flexible and creative environment, you are able to teach various lessons and focus on teaching instead of grading!
This is a full-time, 8 hours per day, summer position. In this rewarding position, you will be working with students in a behavioral health hospital. You will be part of a hard working team that helps students educationally while they are not attending their traditional school.
The ideal candidate will have experience and be skilled at working with students with diverse needs and across various grades and ages. The ideal candidate will be very well-organized and capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide instruction and schoolwork assistance in a classroom setting of 10-20 students with groups ages 5-12 AND groups ages 13-17
- Plan lessons and materials to meet the different age groups and ability levels
- Communicate with district/school personnel to obtain verification and gather schoolwork.
- Complete daily student goal reports and attendance
- Additional administrative and classroom tasks such as filing, copying, returning schoolwork
- Valid DE teaching certification required
- Classroom teaching experience; experience working with a wide range of grade levels strongly preferred
- Knowledge and comfort with content at the elementary, middle, and high school levels
- Strong computer skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively as part of a team
You will be working alongside other educators and administrative support members. If you would like to apply please use the link below!