Part Time Teaching Assistant • Newark, DE
Part-time, 10 Month | $13-$15.38 | Behavioral Health Setting
Education, Inc. is currently looking for our next creative and passionate teacher to join our team in Newark, DE!
This is a part-time, $13.00 – $15.38 per hour, 4 hours a day position. The hours for the position are approximately 9:30am-1:30pm. In this rewarding position, you will be working with students in a behavioral health hospital.
The ideal candidate will have experience and be skilled at working with students with diverse needs and across various grades and ages. The ideal candidate will be very well-organized and capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide hands on classroom support to students in both elementary aged classrooms as well as middle/high school aged classrooms
- Lead classroom lessons as needed
- Assist with planning lessons and materials
- Communicate with schools/districts as well as parents
- Typing daily student reports and entering information into student database
- Additional administrative tasks including filing, copying, and general organization
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Classroom teaching experience (experience with students with behavior challenges is a plus)
- Strong classroom management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a very fast paced environment and as part of a team
- Ability and comfort in elementary content through high school content
- Extremely high level of organization
- Valid DE teaching license preferred